Anti-Ragging Committee and Squad
College has taken various precautions as per AICTE Norms to prevent ragging and ensure 100% no-ragging.
In view of the directions of the Honorable Supreme Court in SLP No. 24295 of 2006 dated 16-05-2007 and in Civil Appeal number 887 of 2009, dated 08-05-2009 to prohibit, prevent and eliminate the scourge of ragging, in exercise of the powers conferred under Section 23 read with Section 10 (b), (g), (p) and (g) of AICTE Act, 1987, the All India Council for Technical Education has notified regulation for prevention and prohibition of ragging in AICTE approved technical Institutions vide No. 37-3/Legal/AICTE/2009 dated 01.07.2009 available on AICTE web-portal. All AICTE approved technical Institutions has to comply the provision made in the above regulation. Any violation of above AICTE regulation for prevention & prohibition of ragging, shall call for punitive action against erring Institutions as per provisions made in the above said Regulation.
Factors enlisted by the committee:
- Formed Anti Ragging Committee consisting of senior faculty and headed by Principal.
- Persons not only from college but also from surrounding areas (i.e. residents and leaders) are also will be participating in Anti-Ragging Activities.
- Committee has taken steps and allotted duties to all the staff members at almost all areas in the college (i.e. canteen, parking places, different blocks, play grounds etc.) and ensure that at least one faculty member will be present at any particular time at all the locations to avoid ragging activities.
- Committee has taken precautions to avoid ragging activities at other locations like bus stops and given instructions and appointed student volunteers and secret informers at various boarding points.
- Wide canvassing about anti-ragging, is being done in the forms of Flexes, Posters and Boards in college premises and surrounding areas where there is a chance of ragging.
- Grievances & Redressel committee is also made a part of these anti-ragging activities.
- Many awareness programmes about Anti Ragging will be conducted by Anti Ragging Committee in the form of meetings and PPTs to the senior students, faculty & non-college personnel.
i. Formation of Committees & Squads:
Complying with the directives of the Hon’ble Supreme Court of India, the College has formed the following anti-ragging committees and squads for overseeing the implementation of the provisions of the verdict with immediate effect:
College level Anti-ragging Committee and Squad:
|Sr. No.||Member Name||Designation||Contact No.|
|1||Mr. Navneet Aghera||Chairmanemail@example.com||9099063492|
|2||Mr. Akash Fultaria||Memberfirstname.lastname@example.org||9904599093|
|3||Miss Jigna Togadiya||Member and Squademail@example.com||(02822) 227230|
|4||Miss Aarati Bhojani||Member and Squadfirstname.lastname@example.org||(02822) 227230|
The College level Anti-ragging Squads and Hostel level Anti ragging Squads shall work in co-ordination with the College level Anti-ragging committee and oversee the implementation of the recommendations.
ii. Undertaking from Students and Parents.
Each of the student of the College and his/her parents and, or Guardian are hereby required to submit a combined undertaking at the time of admission, in the prescribed format as attached to this order, which is mandatory for admission. All concerned officials of the College, students, parents & guardians of the students, members of Anti-ragging committees & Anti-ragging squads are hereby requested to adhere to the stipulations and effectively monitor and comply with the provisions made in the directives.
The Institution follows the policy of zero tolerance to ragging.